Sunday, September 1, 2013

Tucson Food Guy... Foodie, Blogger, Social Media and Technology Guru, Activist, and Friend!!!

So now that I am back I figure I need to explain what this blog is and why I do it...

This blog is my experiment. My main purpose of this blog is to learn how to blog. I am not an expert but I need a place to learn and this is it. As I grow I will have new blogs. Each blog will bring new and exciting things. I already own some domain names and will be starting different blogs in the future.

So who am I??? I am Michael and I consider myself the Tucson Food Guy. I have been in the Tucson area on and off for over 10 years. I was a restaurant and hotel manager with different companies in Florida, Arizona, and California.

I am passionate about Food. I have been on a "lifestyle change" now for a few months and have dropped about 20 pounds. This is hard when you are a Food Guy. As I continue to get smaller I will tell everyone about my lifestyle change and maybe even be able to help people commit to a healthier lifestyle. My goal is once I am done and get to my goal weight the Tucson Food Guy will be able to share how you can enjoy life and the great foods around Tucson without being unhealthy.

So what else...

Well first of all I am a terrible writer. I am lucky I got through College English, only did because Dr. Mark Edmunds was the greatest professor ever and really pushed me along the way. I still can't write very well, my English is horrible. I talk with a Staten Island accent which will make my podcasts all so amusing. I write with Staten Island english which if you don't know what that is catch this season of Big Brother and listen to Gina Marie. But then why blog... because I have a lot in my brain I can share and who says it has to be perfect English.

What is this long title next to your name... Well it is what I cover... Foodie, Blogger, Social Media and Technology Guru, Activist, and Friend!!!

What it means is...

1) Foodie - I love Food, I love Food History, Food Service, Food Preparation, Food culture, and now maybe even some healthy eating. I am looking at maybe taking classes in Food Anthropology because the study of Food is awesome and Food sustains us, entertains us, comforts us, and maintains our traditions. And it is something every human in every generation has in common.

2) Blogger - Well you are here... This is my first blog of others to come.

3) Social Media and Technology Guru - I love both. I worked on a Congressional Campaign as the Director of Social Media which is where I found my love of it. I also love Technology, especially Google and Apple stuff.

4) Activist - I am an activist. I believe in community activism and service. I am a proud member of Kiwanis where we Change the World, One Community and One Child at a time. I also get involved in Politics although I have to take a break for the next 3 years as I was appointed by Governor Brewer to a State Commission post which means I can not be an officer in a Political Party. But one can still be an activist without being in the party. In fact neither party wants me anyway... I am too socially liberal for the Republican and too fiscally conservative for the Democrats. I guess that makes me a Moderate.

5) Friend - Last but not least I am a friend. I love people. I think people are great. Do I get along with everyone, no but I try. Those who allow me into their circle know I am someone who they can tell anything to and know I will always give advice when needed and care about them.

So anyway that is the Tucson Food Guy in a nut shell. It is a self identified brand and I like it. I would love for all the Foodies in Tucson to one day join together to do something for Tucson and who knows what together we could do!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment